Friday 29 January 2010

Alexa Chung And Haute Couture


Gorgeous model Alexa Chung in a beautiful, simple Chanel dress spotted at Chanel's Haute Couture show in Paris. I actually recently wrote a paper for school about haute couture, and what I found really interesting was how much money the haute couture houses actually spend, and loose (!) on the haute couture pieces and the couture shows, when in reality their customer base is limited to around 200 women!! The reason why they continue the century long French tradition though, is that the couture pieces help create a dream, a frame of fairy tales, prince charmings and endless beauty, and we buy in to it. Not but purchasing the expensive haute couture gowns, but all the smaller things i.e. the prét a poter pieces, the perfumes, make up etc... interesting thought right? I know, I looooove haute couture, and the dream works just fine for me:)

No comments:

Post a Comment